Okay… uh… This one is…
Today’s sermon was supposed to be about acceptance. See, Fei and Elly have just started a relationship of sorts, and now along comes Emeralda, who is a child that immediately identifies Fei as her father. This is a surprise to both Fei and Elly, and is further exacerbated by Emeralda apparently immediately loving Fei, but rejecting Elly. Elly, like many “stepmoms” in such a situation, literally does not know what to do, and, obviously there were now more troubles ahead for the young couple.
Well, Emeralda is Fei’s daughter. Unfortunately, Fei doesn’t know that thanks to Emeralda being the daughter of Fei when Fei was experiencing another lifetime some 4,000 years earlier. Additionally, Elly is also effectively Emeralda’s mom, though with the same caveat. And what’s more, Elly and Fei in these earlier incarnations literally died so Emeralda could live. And “live” is a complicated descriptor here, as Emeralda is in no way biological, but a nanomachine colony. And she has a pet giant robot for some reason, too.
So, apparently, Elly is expected to accept Fei’s daughter from another marriage, but Fei wasn’t really Fei, and he was really married to Elly in the first place, and their daughter barely remembers any of this. She cannot even get her dad’s name right.
Oh, and a music box “Fei” gave to “Elly” four millennia back is somehow sitting in Citan’s workshop now. That doesn’t really complicate matters any further, but it does make the whole thing even weirder.
So today we still preach about acceptance. Accept that sometimes life is too complicated to convey with words.
Even Worse Streams presents Xenogears
Original Stream Night: April 27, 2021
Night of Puzzle Bobble 4
Random Notes on the Stream:
- Abby Denton joins us from her home in Silent Hill, and then Caliscrub joins shortly thereafter. We have a full party tonight!
- Do you pilot or steer a dolphin? The Elements attack, which raises all sorts of questions.
- And then Kishi joins Xenogears party chat.
- Skyghene, the flying Gear piloted by Tolone, looks like Transformers Cyberton’s Brimstone (who I misidentify as Terrorsaur on the stream). Take a look:
I’m not crazy, right?
- “What the fuck is a Mercury Melon?”
- Somehow seeing the TV Orb leads to references to Charlie and the Chocolate Factory and squirrel-based deaths. It all makes sense in context.
- “Being the victor, I merely said ‘this game’s stupid’.”
- Welcome to being underwater in a Gear. It involves a lot of jumping. So these are Super Mario Bros rules, not Mega Man rules.
- I… may have gotten turned around in this cave. At least it leads to discussion of the imaginary Final Fantasy 7 Saturday Morning Cartoon and the Squaresoft Afternoon.
- We are all squares on the stream according to BEAT. Please ignore any moments where BEAT claims I am the only square. This must be a lie.
- As we find Crescens at the gate generator, we inevitably discuss if the robot masters of Mega Man are truly sentient. My vote is yes, because it is the only thing that makes Elec Man make sense.
- Solaris is unfurled! Why does it do that? Who knows.
- Fei is a 10,000 year incel. It is canon.
- We visit a restaurant as Jeannie is invited on the stream for the first time. She’s an official member of Even Worse Streams as of this writing, and I literally forgot she ever wasn’t.
- Let’s all get excited about the dark wings that will carry them all to their death.
- “What? So he dropped upwards into the sky?”
“Don’t worry about it.”
- Male Wife and Girlboss is going to be a CBS comedy in ten years.
- Kishi leaves a little early as we Metal Gear Solid through the vents of Solaris.
- Was I the only person who ever pretended there were save points in my real life? I guess so…
- And we break for the night noting that Solaris is a picture of decadence that coincidentally echoes the 80s.
Next time on Xenogears: What could have been Part 1’s thrilling conclusion!