Phew… Okay… So I have been informed that things are going a bit long, and we only have time for a total of five more sermons (including this one). That is going to truncate things a bit, as all the important things happen in Fei’s journey from about this point on… And… dang… Did I really waste two entire lectures on Fei doing nothing in prison? Woof. I am sorry. In the future, I hope I can pace these things a bit better.
Let’s see here… what to focus on… what to focus on…
We covered Solaris exploding last time? Oh, good, so we don’t have to…
Oh! Id! Yes. Id was secretly Fei all along. That is interesting, right? And, while Fei does not immediately grapple with his “inner” Id, he does gain a limited kind of control over his Weltall’s ability to enter Id mode. Given he successfully destroyed a centuries-old fortress the last time he let Id loose, this is something of a game changer for the man that is gathering more and more of -the power-.
And speaking of which, Ramsus was able to defeat Fei in one battle shortly after the fall of Solaris. We will talk more about Ramsus later… uh… if we have time… But his Omnigear leads to one of his few clear victories, and that is important to a man that has previously spent his entire life losing. … But we will not dwell on the fact that he was a significant loser about ten seconds after Fei got that Id upgrade…
Oh! And Elly! Her parents are killed before Solaris is detonated (which, let’s be honest here, they would not have survived that explosion, so this was a delayed death at best), but then she successfully talks Fei/Id down from the rampage that destroyed her home. And then when Fei is caged for the crime of committing a genocide shortly thereafter, it is Elly that aids Fei in a daring escape. Thereafter, they reconnect emotionally before separating so Elly can join her step/real/magical daughter in a raid on the Mass-Driver Facility. And that was likely a pretty amazing adventure all on its own, but we don’t really have any information on that, because the population of the world is transformed into zombies shortly thereafter.
Oh, but before that, there was a Fort Hurricane, and a town that turned into a giant, transforming Gear, and that Gear used a flying ship as a cannon, and… Crap. Did we not even mention Grahf and the Executioner at this point?
Gah! We’re out of time!
Look, we will pick it back up with the Anima relic next time. Uh… For now… Um… The moral is that knowing how much time you have left is really important.
Even Worse Streams presents Xenogears
Original Stream Night: May 11, 2021
Night of the Jumping Flash
Random Stream Notes
- Do you like horny bunnies 2? How about robots? Welcome back to Xenogears. Caliscrub and Kishi are here with the usual crew.
- “Is Billy Bart? Are they different?”
- BEAT actually cares about Hammer! It impacts our reactions to his betrayal.
- Hey, remember Executioner? Remember!?
- “Why is there an FMV here?” Welcome to Weltall turning red and solving some mysteries.
- BEAT is bound and determined to never address Xenogears, even as the most interesting parts of the game happen.
- Mags thinks we are old enough to be nostalgic for “He-Man and Betty Boop.” Let this be our epitaph.
- We will live the rest of our lives hearing nerds talking about Neon Genesis Evangelion, and there is nothing we can do about it.
- “Citan is there to make sure nobody starts a food fight in the cafeteria.”
- Let’s talk about Legends of Tomorrow being good while Krelian talks to the TV sphere.
- INSERT DISC 2! We’re here!
- BEAT demands more games based on Queen songs. Ogre Battle is right over there…
- Do rejuvenation tubes exist in real life? I keep asking this.
- Aw, we all talk about our COVID vaccine experiences. Memories…
- Please do not notice Weltall 2’s lack of a pelvis.
- While Fei is fighting Vengeance again, Caliscrub is losing at Street Fighter.
- “Enjoy these JPEGS, because that’s it.”
- As the plot really kicks into high gear (after a gear skirmish), we attribute this breakneck pacing to a really intricate plot… that doesn’t work. “They’re super over scope” is the best explanation.
- For our giant zombie fight, Kishi once again makes great battle recommendations after the fight has already started…
- “By the way we’re just in a dungeon now.”
- Really good plots can sound terrible if you’re just reading a wiki of it… And that is basically what we have here. Welcome to the remaining Wiki of Xenogears.
Next time on Xenogears: We’re all gonna get laid!
This could have been an entire game!