FGC #338 Pilotwings Resort
- System: Nintendo 3DS exclusive. I know you were excited about that Vita adaption, but it’s not happening.
- Number of players: Explore Wuhu Island by yourself. No friends allowed.
- Maybe actually talk about the game for a second: This is the quintessential launch game. It’s a fun toy to play with for a few hours, but when there are real games afoot in a few months, it is quickly forgotten. And this one launched opposite Ocarina of Time 3D? Man, it’s a wonder anybody played Pilotwings Resort at all.
- Favorite Activity: The jetpack should be a thing of beauty, but it just feels… lame. The hang glider is hella boring, so I guess piloting some wings in a plane is the default winner. Yay, default!
- Did you know: There are three Pilotwings games, and all three launched with their respective systems. Will we ever see a “complete” Pilotwings experience on mature Nintendo hardware? Probably not. We have Star Fox for that.
- Would I play again: Bored now. Moving on.
What’s next? Random ROB has chosen… Castlevania Lords of Shadow Mirror of Fate for the Nintendo 3DS. Oh. Oh goodie. Time to play my least favorite handheld Castlevania game. Yes, I mean every word of what I just said. Please look forward to it.
Why aren’t you more fun!?